What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sex scene or fire hazard?




I think there's literally 500 candles lit in this room.  It's just absolutely preposterous and unrealistic, and I see it all the time in movies and TV shows.  At least half of the sex scenes in TV and cinema take place in a room with like a bazillion candles.  Plus, they are always lit when the actors walk into the room.  Like the characters just leave them lit at all times in case they happen to have an impromptu romantic moment?  Just once I'd love to see a scene where the actors take a break from banging each other and then spend like 20 minutes lighting a bunch of candles.  I mean, doesn't that seem like a lot of work for about 90 seconds of actual fun?  I've even seen this on shows like "Rescue Me."  This is all the more ridiculous since it's pretty much the most male chauvinistic show I've ever seen.  No way any of the characters in that show would even own a candle.  Also, with all that rolling around and groping and screaming, seems like these people would be burning the shit out of themselves, knocking candles over and burning their houses down.  Just seems like a fire hazard to me, not to mention an egregious waste of wax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment