What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Buried at the Bottom of this Story: Escalator Did Not Kill Man

Listen, I don't wanna be that guy who makes a career out of commenting on tragic deaths such as the story above. But my editor-in-Chief made it clear last week that posts about animal death is off limits & will be censored. So human death is all I've got to go on.

This story truly is confusing, right? The man fell after repeatedly trying to go up a down escalator? I've probably tried to go up about 600 down escalators in my lifetime and never came close to falling. And if I did fall and my clothes started to get stuck, I'd simply take them off & let the escalator absorb them. A headline of "Man killed on escalator" makes you think the escalator grabbed onto his clothes & sucked his whole body in, but that's clearly not possible.

It seems likely that this man had a heart attack or something, and that of course is still sad, but the escalator shouldn't be brought into this whole mess, right? I just feel like the escalator is getting a bad name here...really the escalator was just doing it's job--forcing things to go up on the up escalator and down on the down escalator.

And I love how the picture from this story makes it seem like the man's body evaporated into thin air like Obi Wan Kenobi at the end of Star Wars. Ugh, watch this turn into a movement by some idiots to ban escalators all together. I will riot.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to the person who wrote but this was... Meh

    ReplyDelete
  2. check this gramps, maybe things will clear for ya: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d9e_1312407079

    ReplyDelete