What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Mets are Dominating!


I came into this season with no hope.  I had accepted the Mets fate as a sub .500 4th place team, and it was kind of nice just knowing that while the Mets would suck, at least I wouldn't be disappointed this time. There's just no way after years and years of heart breaking let downs, mind boggling managerial decisions, and complete incompetence in every facet of the game that I could be sucked into caring about this team.  I felt like the Indians fans in Major League.  Just totally cynical about everything the Mets do.

And BAM!  What happens?  They come out firing on all cylinders.  Sure they lost their first game, but then they show some grit in winning an extra inning game against the Marlins before bludgeoning them to round out their first series.  And then they put a hurting on Cole Hamels and the Phillies last night.  Ike Davis and David Wright are smashing the ball all over the place, and RA Dickey is knuckle-balling the shit out of everybody.  They're actually running balls out, playing hard, and playing solid defense.  I'm now only 95% sure that they won't turn into a complete embarrassment.  So congratulations Mets.  Once again you've given me false hope.  Your impending doom will be all the more painful for me yet again.  For some reason, unlike those Indians fans, I'm all too willing to believe in this franchise.  I'm like an abused wife that leaves her husband, but then keeps coming back when he insists he's changed.  Right now the Mets are putting on their finest suits, playing some Barry White, and whispering sweet nothings into my ear.  Won't be long before they are downing a bottle of Jack and beating the shit out of me on a daily basis.  Meh, the life of a Mets fan.

2 comments:

  1. Your drunk on stupidity right now. Thats not Barry White you hearing, its Rebecca Black. Ill tell you one thing, the Mets are definitely meh....meh all the way. The Mets should be your first sponsor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone sounds bitter that the yanks are spitting the bit. love that you were moistening yourself about how the yanks bullpen is unstoppable after the 6th inning. glad to see that lasted a long time.

    ReplyDelete