What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Friday, March 18, 2011

spaghetti madness



I think it would be a great idea if all my blog posts are titled "something" madness during march madness.  That's the kind of cute, cheeky, not-too-in-your-face comedy that takes a 4 day old, sputtering blog straight to the top.  Today, I feature two grown women on the subway fighting over spaghetti or something.  Frankly, this video is horrifying as it really typifies what I consider to be the low point in human behavior.  It's just impossible to root for either of these gremlins and I feel degraded for just watching it, but I think it brings up an interesting debate about eating on the subway.  I see it all the time, and if it's anything more than a candy bar or donut, it's just not cool.  Basically anything with an odor should be off limits.  I certainly don't want to sit next to some specimen chowing down on chef boyardee on my way home from work.  At the same time, the appropriate thing to do when faced with this situation is to just grin and bear it, and then possibly go home and write a ground breaking, earth shattering blog.

All that being said, I often pick up a rotisserie chicken at Eataly and bring it home with me on the train.  That train ride is pretty much the worst half hour of my life. Nothing smells more potent (and delicious) than a freshly rotisseried chicken.  As soon as I step on the train, the entire car smells like a boston market, so I sit down, stuff the bag under my seat, and hope that nobody connects it to me.  The whole ride I'm just feeling hate stares all over the place.  But hey, at least I'm not sitting there chowing down on chicken bones or getting marinara sauce all over the guy sitting next to me.  I have standards.

1 comment: