What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Newt is just making too easy





http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/28/gingrich-fears-atheist-country-dominated-by-radical-islamists/


I've always loved the Daily Show, partly because I hate hypocrites, and the Daily Show has the resources to catch these dumb-ass politicians contradicting themselves by going back years and years to old interviews and speeches, thus demonstrating that they don't actually have any real values and only say what is politically convenient at the time.  Well, now Newt Gingrich is making it possible for me to do the same here at meh blog.  I almost feel like he saw my blog and went out of his way to give me this opportunity.  The guy goes out and literally contradicts himself in one sentence.  I don't even have to read his whole speech, or even a paragraph:

"I have two grandchildren: Maggie is 11; Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."
Well which is it you old dumb fuck?  Are we going to be a bunch of secular atheists, or a bunch of radical Islamists?  I mean, those two things couldn't possibly be more antithetical.  Either way, isn't it crazy that any church would let this clown come in and speak?  He cheated on his first wife while she had cancer, and then cheated on his second wife while he was trying to impeach Clinton for the Lewinsky scandal.  Sweet Christian values buddy.  Pretty much the height of immorality right there.  And then he defends himself by saying, "There's no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."  I love how these guys try to take anything they've done wrong and turn it in to a sign of their patriotism.  Come on bro, don't BS a BS-er.  That's the most ludicrous comment I've ever heard.  Classic republican defense though... yeah I didn't want to cheat on my wife with that dude in the bathroom, but um, well, 9/11 was bad. America is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment