What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chaz Bono a Cautionary Tale for Bryan Adams' Newborn Daughter




A few weeks ago, I got really pissed off when I found out there was a human person with the first name "God's Gift." You can even read my blog post about it. It's just one of those head-shaking things where you can't explain why you're mad, you just are.

And with names like "God's Gift" and "God Shammgod," you might be surprised to learn that athletes' names are only the 2nd most ridiculous group of names in existence. They come up way short compared to celebrity's baby's names. Of course we all know the obvious weird ones like Apple (Gwenyth Paltrow's daughter) and the Jolie/Pitt quartet of Zahara, Maddox, Shiloh and Pax. But take a look at this Celebrity Baby Names website I stumbled upon while researching for this post: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/celebrity-baby-names.html (spoiler alert: names include "Moon Unit" and "Diva Muffin")

That's a murderers' row of overcreativity right there.

The reason I bring this up? I'm flipping through my Entertainment Weekly this afternoon, minding my own business, and what do I see in the "Monitor" section?

"Actress Alicia Silverstone and her husband...welcomes their first child, Bear Blu, on May 5th."

"Rocker Bryan Adams became a father for the first time on April 22nd when his girlfriend gave birth to a girl, Mirabella Bunny."

Fuck...me...do not tell me this is the new trend. Celebrities tossing a type of animal into their kid's name. This is gonna be cute for about 3 years, when Bryan Adams' friends thinks he's just a softie nicknaming his little girl "bunny." But it's gonna be weird later on in life. And it's gonna lead to an identity crisis. Just ask Chastity/Chaz Bono.

And, yes, I know I buried the real lead to this story, which is obviously the fact that a respected publication classified Bryan Adams a "rocker."

No comments:

Post a Comment