What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Friday, May 6, 2011

What the Hell Should I do about my Toe?



This has never happened to me before. I'm trying to crowd-source some answers from the masses that read this blog. I ran the Boston Marathon and 3 days later, my toe looks like this. My feet were already legendarily gross looking before this "injury." Now they're vomit-inducing. One of my co-workers who prides himself on being a "marathon runner" said I need to get a paperclip as hot as it can possibly get & then stick it through my toenail down into the blood area. Apparently this might let the blood get out, and that's a good thing? I guess the alternative is that my toenail will fall off and then it'll be like a year before it grows back properly. That doesn't sound like such a bad thing to me...one less nail to clip. I'll save roughly 37 seconds over the course of a year not having to clip that nail.

I really don't know what to do. Is a toenail falling off & then regrowing a painful experience? More painful than jamming a metal object through my toenail? I might have to make a Pros & Cons list to figure this out.

Please, if there are any doctors in the audience, let me know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. damnnn that's effing nasty...with that said, i'd still take the wait and see approach

    ReplyDelete