What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Animals Rebelling Against Human Captors





(blogger's note: Animal lovers, specifically that pussy Freedchips, are gonna love me after this post. Did you know Freedchips actually censored me a few weeks ago when I tried to post some commentary about how we shouldn't be wasting government money on having Federal agents troll Craigslist looking for people selling endangered animals' carcasses?? Freedchips is so committed to staying in character and pretending to love animals to an unheard of/awkward level that he'd rather violate my 1st amendment rights than let me speak even remotely negative about one of "god's creatures.")


I'm really not qualified to be commenting on the humanity or inhumanity of forcing captive animals to be used for our sporting pleasure. I'm sure there are many books, journal articles and blogs that can do a much better job of boring you to death with facts about whether animals have feelings or not. I'm sure there are brilliant people out there who can give you the pros & cons of taking wild animals and putting them in these situations where thousands of people are screaming at them.

I, humble blogger of the year, can only comment on what I see. And what I see in those videos above is a looming problem. What's gonna happen when these stop being isolated incidents and start being the norm? Will we just build higher stadium walls and track fences to keep the animals in check? Or will we eventually smarten up and realize that these animals will continue to be pissed off until we stop treating them like animals?
I personally never want to see animals in this situation again, unless we're talking about a cock fight, in which case I'm more than on board with that since those little fuckers couldn't harm me even if they do escape their ring and jump into the crowd.

Also, me & Freedchips are officially in a fight. (I think he's just pissed because I kicked his ass in fantasy baseball last week) I'm giving him the silent treatment starting....now.

No comments:

Post a Comment