What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Somebody get me this blogger!



From SF Gate - A computer programmer, startled by a helicopter clattering above his quiet Pakistani town in the early hours of the morning Monday, did what any social-media addict would do: he began sending messages to the social networking site Twitter.
With his tweets, 33-year-old Sohaib Athar, who moved to the sleepy town of Abbottabad to escape the big city, became in his own words "the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it."


Read more: 
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/05/02/international/i030448D05.DTL#ixzz1LIaXKLnz



You know how many hours I spend scouring the internets for shit to blog about?  And this guy just has this huge event fall into his lap.  Some guys are just always in the right place at the right time I guess.  On the one hand, it kind of pisses me off that this guys twitter feed became wildly popular overnight, and that I'm still stuck here with like 10 followers after an entire month and a half of hard work on this blog.  On the other hand, I've got to give credit where credit is due.  I would love to have this guy here at meh blog.  I mean, he may not share our snarky attitude and captivating writing style, but he's the type of guy who's somehow always going to get the story first, even if he has no idea what that story is about.   And then he's gonna stick it out until he realizes what's going on.  Look, Rmurdera has written some funny blogs, but you think he'd be sticking around twittering if he heard bombs going off in his backyard?  For sure not.  He'd be driving his Honda Civic as fast as possible and getting the fuck out of dodge.  Kid would pack up his Bong and his Theo Epstein dolls and scamper out of there so fast it would make your head spin.

1 comment:

  1. In all fairness to me, it's a Honda Accord, and I own a Big Papi doll, not Theo Epstein. But the rest of what you say is accurate, even if someone said the word bomb, I'd be outta there so quickly.

    ReplyDelete