What do you think is meh?

meh blog wants to hear what you think is meh. send your blog suggestions to mehtips@gmail.com!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Initial Reactions About the Bin Laden News




A few things about this video that either disturbed me or intrigued me:

1). Why the hell are airports in the U.S. on "heightened security alert," and why did the State Department issue a worldwide travel alert? And they wasted their time putting all U.S. embassies on alert? Don't you guys get it? Bin Laden is dead = Terrorism is dead! I fully expected the next time I entered an airport the entire concept of "Airport Security" would be abolished. I would try to show my I.D. to an airport employee, but they'd just laugh at me, pat me on the back and say, "Mr. Rmurdera, your identification's no good here. Go board your flight, oh and feel free to check out the cockpit and give the steering wheel a try during the trip." I also expected the FAA would come clean & admit there was no realistic reason to restrict the amount of liquids we brought in our carry-on bags. I'm pretty sure all the airlines can drop the "9/11 Security Fee" off their ticket prices too.

2). Apparently a lot of people got the news while in the air on flights, with the pilot coming on the speaker to make the announcement. You wanna know with 100% certainty whether there's a terrorist on your flight? Scan the plane when an announcement like that is made. The guy who starts cursing under his breath, arms angrily crossed over his chest. That's your guy.

3). I gotta be honest. I would have much rather seen this happen on April 1st instead of May 1st. It would be so much fun to watch these reporters try to convince people this wasn't a ridiculously unfunny April Fool's prank. This guy probably would have gotten his ass kicked by someone who didn't appreciate "the joke."

4). If ever there was a perfect time for the weatherman of a news program to make up ridiculously fake weather to win a bet with his friends, Sunday night would have been the time. He could announce 9 formerly dormant volcanoes just exploded all around the Bay Area, and we'd just keep nodding and smiling knowingly, saying, "Yeah, but Bin Laden's dead."

5). What do you think is going on with the anchorwoman's face at the 2:07 mark? My money's on an inappropriate tattoo that she got just minutes before she came on the air: President Obama dropping a steamy dump into Osama Bin Laden's lifeless mouth--right on her cheek.

6). It's not in this video, but the next thing these people did was have a reporter start asking random people with Afghani or Muslim descent what they thought of the news. Note to everyone who even remotely looks like they might be of Middle Eastern descent: get ready to have unwanted attention thrown your way just like it's 2001 all over again. I'm going to expect everybody in that demographic to have an extremely emotional answer to any questions about Bin Laden.

No comments:

Post a Comment